Scroll Saw Workbook, 3rd Edition: Learn to Master Your Scroll Saw in 25 Skill-Building Chapters (Fox Chapel Publishing) Ultimate Beginner's Guide with Projects to Hone Your Scrolling Skills
Use this ultimate beginner's scroll saw guide to hone your scrolling skills to perfection!
- 25 practice exercises to build your skills
- Step-by-step cutting instructions and patterns
- Essential information on blades, accessories, equipment, materials and procedures
- Learn scrolling techniques like stack cutting, relief, inlay, compound, segmentation, and more
- Objective guide to today's best scroll saws
Author John Nelson has taught hundreds of students how to quickly and safely use the scroll saw to make practical and beautiful projects. Now it's your turn!
This book is like having an experienced scroller in your shop, looking over your shoulder to tell you step-by-step how to get great results from your scroll saw.
You'll find everything you need to know here, boiled down to the best and simplest methods. Practice a specific technique in each of 25 skill-building chapters, and then use that skill to make an attractive project. As you progress, each chapter builds upon the previous skills you've already learned. By the time you've completed the book, you'll be ready to tackle any scroll saw project with experience and confidence.
Begin with the basics of cutting straight, curved, and jagged lines, and then progress to more advanced techniques like stack cutting, relief, inlay, compound, segmentation, and more. Project patterns include die-cut stationery, a fish silhouette, a butterfly with interior cuts, a hummingbird ornament, and a collapsible wooden basket.
This new third edition provides an objective guide to all of the scroll saw models available in today's market, updated to include information on new scroll saw manufacturers.
- Fox Chapel Publishing
Big Book of Scroll Saw Woodworking (Best of SSW&C): More Than 60 Projects and Techniques for Fretwork, Intarsia & Other Scroll Saw Crafts (The Best of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts)
Whether you are a beginner or have been scrolling for years, you'll be inspired by this collection of 60 of the best projects from the pages of Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts!
- For beginners, find simple, basic patterns
- For experienced scrollers, find detailed keepsake portraits & beautiful compound cut pieces
- Expert step-by-step instructions for easy reference
- Detailed patterns & crisp photos to help you master the projects featured & spur your own creativity
- Popular contributors including John A. Nelson, Gary MacKay, Ron Brown, Kathy Wise, & Rick Hutcheson
- Unusual puzzles and toys
- Inlaid earrings and salt & pepper shakers
- Elegant baskets & boxes
- Beautiful compound-cut chess set
- Lifelike intarsia puppy
- Intricate fretwork shelf
- Detailed keepsake portraits
Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine is proud to present this collection of 60 of the best projects for both scroll saw beginners and those with experience!
You'll find this book a great reference not only for its detailed patterns, but for its tips, techniques, expert step-by-step instructions and crisp photos all guaranteed to help you master the projects featured or to spur your own creativity.
From simple basic patterns for beginners to detailed keepsake portraits and beautiful compound cut pieces, you'll be inspired by the designs of contributors like John A. Nelson, Gary MacKay, Ron Brown, Kathy Wise, and Rick Hutcheson. This book is broken down by category so that you can easily find the type of project you would like to try whether it is intarsia and segmentation, fretwork, or inlays and relief.
Have you ever wanted to master the artistry of fretwork or try your hand at the stunning craft of intarsia? How about using your scroll saw on a material other than wood? It's all here waiting for you in this collection from Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine!
- Fox Chapel Publishing
Wooden Bowls from the Scroll Saw: 28 Useful and Surprisingly Easy-to-Make Projects (Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Book)
While wood bowls are commonly made on a lathe, this guided resource offers 28 projects for crafting beautiful bowls with the more accessible scroll saw. You will not believe these bowls were made without a lathe!
Animal Puzzles for the Scroll Saw, Second Edition: Newly Revised & Expanded, Now 50 Projects in Wood (Fox Chapel Publishing) Designs including Kittens, Koalas, Bulldogs, Bears, Penguins, Pigs, & More
Create fascinating puzzles of your favorite furry and feathered friends!
- 50 well-designed patterns, ready-to-cut for puzzles depicting pets, zoo animals, farm animals, and American wildlife
- Step-by-step instructions for cutting the Mama Rabbit with Babies puzzle
- Tips and techniques for successfully selecting wood, using the proper tools, and mastering the critical steps of sanding & finishing
- Expert guidance on adapting a pattern and designing your own puzzle from a photograph, plus advice for designing facial expressions to give personality to your puzzles
- A Noah's Ark landscape puzzle is included, and can be easily displayed using a backer board and stands
Animal Puzzles for the Scroll Saw, 2nd Edition is an expanded version of the wildly popular pattern book that scroll saw artists have come to love!
With over 50 patterns for upright standing and interlocking puzzles, woodworkers will have plenty of charming puzzles to sell at craft shows or to present to loved ones as special gifts.
With a handy getting started section for beginners that includes information to ensure success, new scrollers will learn how to choose wood, blades, to transfer patterns and more. There are even easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions for the Mama Rabbit with Babies puzzle to get you started.
Experienced scrollers will find useful information to customize patterns and to create your own patterns from personal photographs, along with all the fantastic animal puzzle patterns.
The realistic patterns inside include a playful scene of four cats, a smart beagle, a lovely cairn terrier, a soulful American cocker spaniel, a fun rough collie, an alligator, adorable panda bear, Frisian pony, caribou, sly red fox, bison, and otherseach with full color photographs of the finished puzzles.
From kittens to koalas, bulldogs to bears, and penguins to pigs, scroll saw puzzle artists Judy and Dave Peterson's book, Animal Puzzles for the Scroll Saw, is for any wood crafter looking for the very best puzzle patterns! The Petersons' unique form of interlocking, upright puzzles are perfect for this menagerie of creatures both great and small.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Scroll Saw Christmas Ornaments: More Than 200 Patterns (Fox Chapel Publishing) Full-Size Drawings of Religious & Traditional Designs: Santas, Snowmen, Fretwork, Ornate Words, Novelties, and Wildlife
Decorate your tree this year with heirloom ornaments! Patterns include:
- Religious patterns including angels, wise men, crosses, and nativity scenes
- Traditional patterns like reindeer, snowmen, Christmas trees, Santas, and bells
- Word-based patterns such as "Peace on Earth," "Noel," "Feliz Navidad," "Baby's First Christmas," and individual letters
- Extra fun patterns include doves, butterflies, animals, hearts, and ice skates
Make impressive yet inexpensive Christmas ornaments with your scroll saw with the patterns inside Scroll Saw Christmas Ornaments. From the whimsical to the classical, more than 200 project patterns for Christmas ornaments are illustrated with full-size drawings that can be glued right onto the wood to guide your saw!
Along with traditional Santas, snowmen, religious, and fretwork designs, there are patterns for making ornate words, novelties, and wildlife designs.
Author Tom Zieg's scroll saw patterns have become well known for their beauty and ease of use. In this collection of more than 200 designs, Tom focuses on ornaments for the family tree.
Beautiful, yet inexpensive to make, you'll delight in this collection of projects to try on your scroll saw. The patterns are full size and range from easy (for the scroll saw novice) to some that are quite intricate and require skill and a steady hand.
As an added bonus, many of these designs can be made from non-wood materials such as plexiglass, copper, and paper! But no matter what materials are used, the ornaments made and given to others will be something that can be treasured year after year.
Box-Making Projects for the Scroll Saw: 30 Woodworking Projects that are Surprisingly Easy to Make
Discover the beautiful and unique boxes you can easily make on your scroll saw. 30 heirloom projects will show-off your talents and make great gifts.
Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets: Expert Advice and 15 All-Time Favorite Projects and Patterns (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Wooden Mechanical Marvels, with a Full-Size Pull-Out Pattern Pack
Make wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood with the step-by-step projects and full-sized patterns inside Big Book of Gizmos & Gadgets!
- 15 clever projects including a rubber band gun, wooden gear machine, varied automatons, & more
- Full-size pattern pack attached to the back of the book in a handy pull-out pouch
- Beginner-friendly to advanced projects so you'll be sure to find something new and fun to make, no matter your skill level
- Make a wooden machine with your own two hands that actually moves
- Learn from woodworking experts like Clayton Boyer, Bob Gilsdorf, Dug North, Richard Packer, & David Wakefield
Inside this curated collection of the best projects from Fox Chapel Publishing's popular Gizmos and Gadgets magazine, you'll find ingenious plans for making 15 wildly inspired mechanical marvels from wood. These working wooden wonders might just be the most enjoyable projects you ever build in your shop!
Well-illustrated step-by-step projects are arranged by skill level from beginner to advanced, with full-sized, pull-out patterns attached to the book in a handy pouch.
Projects range from a Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun and a Wooden Padlock Treasure Chest to noisemakers and classic automatons for cowboys, ballerinas, cats, ships, and more.
Create fun games and toys for the whole family, and discover the secrets of kinetic sculpture to build your own interactive wooden gear machine!
The shop-tested designs for 15 clever contraptions include:
- Rapid-Fire Rubber Band Gun
- Interactive Wooden Gear Machine
- Mad Scientist Frankenswitch
- Two-Track Marble Racer
- Amazing Automatons
- Wooden Ratchet Noisemaker
- ...and many more!
- Fox Chapel Publishing
Intarsia Woodworking for Beginners: Skill-Building Lessons for Creating Beautiful Wood Mosaics: 25 Skill-Building Projects (Fox Chapel Publishing) Step-by-Step Instructions, Patterns, Tips & Tricks
Learning the art of intarsia has never been easier thanks to celebrated artist and instructor Kathy Wise!
- Over 40 skill-building lessons, exercises, and projects break down important techniques into manageable, easy-to-understand steps
- Step-by-step instructions, patterns, reference photos, and material lists guide you through each lesson
- Tips & hints from author Kathy Wise help you turn multiple pieces of wood into stunning art
- Progressive teaching style teaches not only the basics, but the nuances of working with multiple shades of wood
Learning intarsia is easier than you think! You don't have to be a master woodworker to create dramatic works of intarsiathe assembly of various woods into a unified mosaic piecethanks to celebrated artist and instructor Kathy Wise.
With more than 40 skill building lessons, exercises, and projects, Intarsia Woodworking for Beginners does what no other intarsia book has done before: It breaks down the important techniques of intarsia into manageable and easy-to-understand steps, offering crafters an easy entry point into this rewarding art form.
Following a progression, this resource takes you on a journey from the concepts and basics of working with an intarsia pattern to the fundamentals of cutting, sanding, gluing, creating a backer board, and finishing your first project. From there, you'll move on to techniques that will take your work to the next level, such as staining, shims, overlays, laminations, woodburning (pyrography), and carving texture, to add shading and grain to your mosaic masterpiece.
With the projects divided into beginner, intermediate beginner, and advanced beginner levels, this easy to follow book includes step-by-step instructions, over 20 patterns, reference photos, material lists, and tips to help you turn inlaid wood into a stunning work of art! Each step is organized into 17 total mini-lessons, including practice exercises and a final step-by-step guided project. Five additional patterns for each skill level round out the chapters.
Kathy's progressive teaching style offers something for anyone working with inlaid wood. The lessons not only cover the basics, but also describe details to look out for like the nuances of working with multiple shades of wood or the best way to create color breaks. This book offers valuable lessons that will be referenced again and again as you discover a love of intarsia!
Scroll Saw Basics (Basics Series)
The Artistic Scrollsaw: Wonders of Nature
Terry Foltz turns one of the favorite tools of woodworkers, the scrollsaw, into a means of artistic expression. And now he shares his techniques with readers everywhere. Everything from making the pattern to the selection of wood and finely detailed scrollsaw cuts is explained in depth and illustrated with clear color photographs. The main project in this book is a fishing scene with an angler landing "the big one," in a mountain stream surrounded by tall pine trees. What makes the scene extraordinary is not only the complex design, but the fine detail Terry obtains in the linework and silhouette. To take the mystery out of it, he leads readers through the process step-by-step, so that with a little practice they can produce wonderful works of scrollsaw art. Additional patterns and a gallery of Terry's other work are provided, which gives a wealth of ideas while exploring the possibilities for scrollsaw creations.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Powder foundation for aging skin
- Training collar for large dogs
- Work light for mechanics
- 3 in leveling kit silverado
- Training dog collars